Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Sample/Practice/Free Anesthesia Coding Questions
1. Pain management may be billed by an anesthesiologist on referral from the attending physician for chronic pain not responding to treatment or acute postoperative pain from terminal illness
2. The anesthesia code 01996 is coded for daily management of medication provided through an epidurally-placed catheter in any setting
3. Anesthesia time for billing purposes begins when the surgeon starts the operation and ends when the anesthesiologist is no longer in personal attendance.
4. Using anesthesia procedure codes 00100-01999, code general anesthesia for repair of a ruptured aortic aneurysm with graft. The patient was noted to have severe systemic disease at the time of the anesthesia, and a pump oxygenator was used during the procedure.
5. In many instances, anesthesia services are provided under difficult circumstances. Is it true or false that the CPT codes for these special circumstances should be reported as additional services without the use of modifier -51?
Posted by Anand at 9:08 AM