Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Sample/Practice/Free CCA Exam Questions
1. A health insurance plan in which providers give healthcare services to members of the plan at a discounted rate is called _______
2. The health plan that provides coverage for the dependents of armed forces personnel and retirees receiving care outside a military treatment facility is:
3. Medicare coverage applies to:
b. Individuals age 65 and over
4. ____ reimbursement methods issue lump-sum payments to providers to compensate them for all the healthcare services delivered to a patient for a specific illness and/or over a specific period of time.
a. Bundled treatments
b. Bundled diagnosis
c. Unbundled payments
d. Bundled payments
5. PPS system implemented in 1983:
6. There are ____ numbers of MDCs.
7. _____ is a computer software program that assigns appropriate DRGs.
8. The instrument used to standardize the collection of SNF patient data is __ _______
9. SNF reimbursement rates are paid according to _RUG______
10. DRGs are organized into
a. Case-mix classifications
11. DRG PPS is based on the ____ diagnosis.
12. The home health PPS uses the ____ data set for patient assessments
13. ____ are associated with the outpatient PPS
14. Resident assessment data are collected from _____
15. For inpatient claims, FL76 represents the
a. Principal diagnosis
b. Primary diagnosis
c. Admitting diagnosis
d. Principal procedure
16. For outpatient claims, FL76 represents the
a. Patient reason for visit
b. Primary diagnosis
c. Admitting diagnosis
d. Maiden Name
17. The act of limiting disclosure of private matters is:
18. ____ means the data should be complete, accurate, consistent, and up-to-date
a. Date Integrity
b. Data validity
c. Data Integrity
19. ___ is the practice of assigning diagnosis or procedure code specifically for the purpose of obtaining higher level of payment.
c. CCI edits
20. UB-92 claim form is used to reimburse:
21. CMS-1500 claim form is used to reimburse:
b. Emergency departments
c. Home health agencies
22. UB-92 is also identified as:
23. CMS implemented NCCI to develop correct coding methodologies to improve the appropriate payment of _____
b. Medicare Part A
c. Medicare Part B
d. TRICARE Prime
24. JCAHO specifies that H&Ps must be completed in ___ seconds.
25. The set of regulations (rules) that healthcare institutions must follow to receive Medicare reimbursement ________
26. ___________ is used to measure the outcomes of care
27. ______ is the process that allows dictated reports to be automatically considered signed.
28. The incident report should be added to the patient record
29. _____ is the data collected on long term care patients
30. _________ is the data set collected on Home Health Agencies.
25. Conditions of participation
Posted by Anand at 9:52 AM
Sample/Practice/Free HCPCS Coding Questions
1. HCPCS codes are used to enhance medical education and research by providing a vehicle for local, regional and national utilization comparison and pricing information.
2. HCPCS codes are mandated for medicare claims and are required by many state Medicaid offices.
3. A 25-year-old female comes into the hospital outpatient OB/GYN clinic for her scheduled injection of Depo-Provera 150mg for the purpose of contraception. Select the appropriate HCPCS code for the drug administered.
4. A patient is given a four week supply of calictoni-salmon 200 units to be given weekly for hypercalcemia. The provider also gives the patient the appropriate supplies. Select the appropriate HCPCS codes for medication and supplies given, and for the injections to use at home.
a. A4215 X 4, J0630
b. A4211 X 4, J0800 X 20
c. A4206 X 4, A4245 X 4, J0800 X 10
d. A4211, J0630 X 2
5. A nine year old suffered traumatic BKA (Below Knee Amputation) upon release from the hospital, the patient received a wheelchair with fixed full length arms, swing-away and detachable, elevated leg rests. Select the appropriate HCPCS code for the wheelchair.
6. A patient who suffers from head and neck cancer is sent home from the hospital with enteral nutrition with standardized nutrients, two days worth (32 units) with consecutive days to be supplied by home health. On the patient’s second day at home, the alarm goes off on the patient’s infusion pump. The patient presents to the hemotology/oncology clinic the hospital where the pump was replaced. Select the appropriate HCPCS code for the patient’s pump replacement.
a. B9000, B4222 X 2
b. B9002, B4155 X 32
d. B9000, B4164
7. A 45-year-old woman presents to the ambulatory surgical center at the hospital for a unilateral simple mastectomy for breast cancer. During the surgery, the surgeon implants a single saline prosthesis. Select the appropriate HCPCS code.
Posted by Anand at 9:35 AM